This resource is designed to help you understand the activation (enrollment) process. Please note that if you are a Trial Customer, please skip to section IV. Trial Customers Only. CoreView will assist all new customers through the activation process. This typically takes around fifteen minutes and happens during the initial onboarding meeting.
Please be aware of the following prerequisites. These apply only to the activation process.
- Activation Account - You must use a valid Microsoft Office 365 organizational account, meaning one that is associated with a work or school account. The best practice is to use a mail-enabled, cloud-only account, such as one that ends in @yourtenant.onmicrosoft.com. The use of any accounts associated with @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com, @live.com, @outlook.com and so on will cause the activation process to fail.
- Required Permissions - The account used for the initial activation must be granted the Global Admin role in Office 365 and this account cannot use MFA. Accounts that are lacking the Global Admin role and/or that require MFA will cause the activation process to fail. The MFA restriction only applies to the account used for the initial enrollment process. Once the enrollment is complete, MFA can be reapplied to that account.
- Screen Sharing - As part of the activation process, we'll be asking you to screen share so we can walk you through the process. If you are an Office 365 customer who does not happen to have Skype for Business or Teams available, please let us know so we can make arrangements for an alternative, such as WebEx.
III. The Activation Process
- We'll be asking you to provide us the UPN of the account you plan to use for enrollment.
- Once we have that, we will generate a unique enrollment link that we will share with you.
Complete the Activation Request
- Open a Incognito browser session in Chrome.
- Paste the link into the Incognito browser session's address window and hit Enter.
- You'll then be presented with the standard Microsoft cloud login dialog. Login using the same Activation Account you provided earlier.
- Once you log in, you'll then be asked to give your consent to the CoreView application to allow CoreView to import the key meta-data that CoreView uses to help you manage your Office 365 environment.
- Once you give your consent, you'll be presented with semi-transparent "Free Trial" activation dialog. You don't need to be concerned that it says "Free trial."
Understanding Data Center Selections
Because CoreView serves customers globally, you'll find that you can select from a number of various data centers. Please take care with your selection because this cannot be reversed once your activation is complete.
Submit the Activation Request
Please verify everything and then click on the "Accept Terms and Conditions" and then click on the blue Register Organization button. You have now successfully activated your CoreView Tenant. Job well done! There are more steps to follow and we'll be here to assist you.