CoreView Release Notes August 2023
Modified on Wed, 23 Aug 2023 at 05:24 PM
- CoreView Release Notes September 2023
- CoreView Release Notes August 2023
- CoreView Release Notes July 2023
- CoreView Release Notes June 2023
- CoreView Release Notes May 2023
- CoreView Release Notes April 2023
- CoreView Release Notes March 2023
- CoreView Release Notes February 2023
- CoreView Release Notes January 2023
- CoreView December 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView November 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView October 2022 Release Notes
- September 2022 Release Notes
- August 2022 Release Notes
- Release 22.06 Key Features
- Release 22.05 Key Features
- Release 22.04 Key Features
- Release 22.03 Key Features
- Release 22.01 Key Features
- Release 21.12 Key Features
- Release 21.11 Key Features
- Release 21.10 Key Features
- Release 21.09 Key Features
- Release 21.08 Key Features
- Release 21.07 Key Features
- Release 21.05 Key Features
- Release 21.04 Key Features
- Release 21.03 Key Features
- Release 21.02 Key Features
- Release 21.01 Key Features
- Release Information
- Getting Started with Customer Care
Getting Started with CoreView
- Configuration Overview
- Creating CoreView Tenant Administrators
- CoreView Operator Uses Cases & Dependencies
- Creating a License Pool
- Understanding Virtual Tenants
- "Send As" DNS Requirements for CoreAdoption Campaigns (Optional)
- How to enforce MFA on CoreView service accounts
- Creating a License Pool
- How to ensure security for CoreView service accounts
- Disabling MFA for CoreView service accounts
- Set Conditional Access to grant access only inside the CoreView data center
- How to check and analyze the Message Trace
- How To Configure Email Forwarding
- How to convert a Shared Mailbox to a User Mailbox
- How to convert a user mailbox to a shared mailbox in Exchange Online
- How to Create Microsoft 365 Groups for Improved Collaboration
- How To Create Shared Mailbox
- How To Create User Mailbox
- How To Grant Access To Mailbox
- How to List all the Mailboxes a User has access to in Microsoft 365
- How to remove delegates from Mailbox
- How to remove user access to Mailbox
- How to review and manage Exchange online mailbox permissions
- How to verify if a user has updated the Password
- Read Permission for Mailbox
- What are security groups and How to create it
- What is a Distribution Group and How to create it
- Exchange Online
- Custom Actions Library
- Getting Started with CoreHybrid
Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Tenant Admins
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Operators
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration – Management
- Understanding the CoreView Operator Profile
- Understanding CoreView Operator Roles (New UX)
- Understanding CoreView Operator Roles
- Understanding CoreView Operator Delegation
- Understanding CoreView - Report Column Filtering
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - V-Tenant User Filters
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - Portal Information
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration Options
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Unable to see OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Data
- Remote Office 365 PowerShell session can Conflict CoreView Management Actions
- Why I cannot save the changes on existing License pool?
- Error when attempting to perform a Management Action
- Unable to modify the Assigned Licenses in my License Pool Report
- Enabling Permission for Endpoint Manager Actions
- How to enable permission for BitLocker keys report
- How to recreate Admins Read-only
- How to add an operator to the portal?
- How to enable and configure CoreView management session
- How to provide a consent to activate Azure AD Reports Feature and activate Partial Import?
- Tips & Tricks: Leverage Pivot Reports to Prototype License Pool Criteria Filter
- Tips & Tricks - How to manage email notifications for newly added Operators.
- Disable MFA from Read Only Service Accounts
- How To: Report on "Consumed Portal Licenses"
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- Tips & Tricks: How to merge License Pools
- How to Use CoreView's Global Report Filters
- How to use the What If tool to check Azure AD conditional access policies
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- How to Archive a Teams Group
- How to Restore a Teams Group
- On-demand Import for a Single Device in Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Custom Actions using the Microsoft Graph API
- How to set up your tenant for the switch to Microsoft Graph API
- GraphAPI configuration: How to get Client ID and Client Secret
- How to provide consent to import exchange information
Reporting and Analytics
- How do I Check and Manage Calendar Permissions for a User?
- How CoreView can help you with your Microsoft 365 Chargeback Goals.
- New UX: Understanding the new License Centers
- Understanding the Savings Opportunities Dashboard
- Understanding the License Optimization center
- Understanding License Pool Snapshots report
- Understanding Call quality dashboard
- Understanding Call quality report
- Understanding User call quality report
- Understanding Teams groups activity report
- Understanding Teams Adoption Growth Report
- Understanding Endpoint Manager reports
- Understanding Teams dashboard
- Understanding Risky Users report
- Understanding Storage Dashboard
- Troubleshoot Active Users (License Usage) data
- Legacy Protocol Management
- Report Columns: Is active 30/60/90
- Quarantined Messages Report - Understanding The Reports
Managing and Administration
- Teams Voice: Direct Routing Support
- How to enable management function?
- Forward SMTP Address vs Forward Address management actions
- How to add the users in bulk while executing Users management actions?
- How to Create & Manage Custom Actions
- How to schedule a report to be sent automatically, and how to modify its scheduling options?
- How to schedule an alert report for the License Count
- Tips & Tricks – How to read and modify license pool report?
- Overview of CoreView Workflow
- How to delegate Workflow management using roles
- How to configure CoreView and ServiceNow integration
- How to Enable Multi Factor Authentication for Operators and Admins who Access the CoreView Portal
- How Can I Migrate from Group-Based Licenses to Direct Licenses Managed by CoreView?
- Naming convention rules
- Custom Actions: Forbidden and Warning Values
- How to add users to Distribution Group in bulk using via CSV
- Not able to manage licenses error
- Using custom action json output as an input in the workflow
- Setting the Sensitivity Label on SharePoint as a Mandatory Field
- DistinguishedName vs OnPremisesDistinguishedName
- Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- CoreView Product Manual
- Health Check
- Configuring predefined policies
- Edit policy settings: Set and monitor thresholds
- Edit remediation settings: Manual and automatic remediation
- Edit remediation settings: Configure attestation
- Remediation settings: Security & Identity policies
- Remediation settings: Teams Management policies
- Remediation settings: License Management policies
- Remediation settings: SharePoint & OneDrive Management policies
- Remediation settings: Exchange Management policies
- Out-of-the-Box playbooks
- Learning Platform
- Internal Customer Care Resources
- Webinars and Events
- Internal Support
August 23rd Enhancements
- [PLAYBOOKS] New additional Exchange playbook policies unveiled! – Say hello to our new playbook policies: “Distribution groups without owners” to handle unassigned groups, and “Mailboxes with external forwarding” to combat external forwarding.
For more insight, check out our article on Exchange Management policies.
- [WORKFLOWS] Enhanced email editor interface – We've redesigned all workflow actions that include the email editor. The “Code view” button now sits proudly in the toolbar, ready to assist you in your HTML editing endeavors. No more hide and seek!
- [WORKFLOWS] Workflow action limit introduced – We've set a 50-action limit per workflow. Existing workflows won't be affected, but try adding more and a friendly reminder about potential performance slowdowns will pop up. Keep it efficient, keep it under 50!
- [WORKFLOWS] Improved workflow selection visibility – Running a workflow from a report just got easier! We've dressed your selected workflow in a darker shade of blue, making your choice unmistakably clear. Say goodbye to selection mix-ups!
August 2nd Enhancements
- [TASK PANEL] Streamlined Workflow Execution Access – We've simplified access to the workflow executions list. With just one click from the Task panel, now you can view and troubleshoot your workflow executions, reducing navigation and saving time!
- [DISTRIBUTION GROUPS] Improved Distribution Group Search – In the Add Distribution Groups Members management action, we've improved the search system for adding new members. Operators can now efficiently search for users and groups using either UPN or display names. Both options are displayed in the suggester dropdown for accurate member selection.
- [HEALTH CHECK] Weekly Policy Graph Configuration – We've upgraded the Health Check widgets. Now you can set up the policy graph to present data weekly, gaining more flexibility and control over your data visualization.
Learn more about policy monitoring.
- [AUDIT] Playbook Activities in Operator Audit Actions – All Playbook activities are now included in CoreView’s Audit log. This enhancement allows users to effectively track and monitor actions performed by operators using playbooks.
- [WORKFLOWS] New Manage Phone Authentication Workflow Actions – We've added three key actions for phone authentication: “Add”, “Edit”, and “Remove”, to simplify your onboarding and offboarding workflows.
Learn more on how to manage phone authentication methods.
- [WORKFLOWS] Customizable Timeout Behavior in “Operator Approval with Policy Exception” Action – We've added an optional toggle to the user interface of the “Operator approval with policy exception” action. This enhancement empowers operators to define whether the workflow should proceed with the action if the recipient doesn’t provide an answer before the timeout.
- [PLAYBOOKS] Clarified Approval Process for Out-of-the-Box Policies – We've added a toggle option, “Proceed automatically to the next action when Approval is timed out”, under the TimeOut box in the Edit panel for Tenant admins editing Out-of-the-Box policies. The info icon and tooltip clarify the Approval action's behavior based on the toggle's state, streamlining the approval process when the recipient doesn't provide an answer.
- [PLAYBOOKS] Enhanced Workflow Progress Tracking – We've upgraded the “Workflow progress by policy” widget in the Operational dashboard. Now, clicking “See details” and selecting a value reveals the execution list from the Workflow section, providing a detailed view of execution progress.
- [PLAYBOOKS] New Approval Rejected Status in Workflow Progress Widget – Introducing the “Approval Rejected” status in the “Workflow progress by policy” widget. Now, you can easily distinguish between rejected and failed workflows, streamlining your remediation process!
- [GRAPH MANAGEMENT] Enhanced Graph Management in Organization Settings – We've upgraded the “Graph management” under “Organization settings”. Operators can now conveniently review permissions granted to CoreView and access a Knowledge Base article for guidance on granting additional permissions.
- [REPORTS] Create Charts Directly in CoreView – We've integrated a powerful data visualization tool into CoreView. Now, you can create pivot charts directly from selected reports, eliminating the need for data export and third-party apps.
Discover how to create in-app charts.
This enhancement was inspired by a UserVoice idea.
- [SETTINGS] New Quick “Submit” Button in Settings Wizard – A quick “Submit” button has been added to every page within the settings wizard. Now, you can swiftly perform specific actions or updates without having to navigate through all sections!
- [SETTINGS] New “Feedback” Role for Operators – A new "Feedback" operator role has been integrated to allow you to control which operators can submit enhancement suggestions to CoreView.
Note: This feature is being released in advance of a new portal for submitting and managing enhancement requests. More information will be coming soon.
- [CUSTOMER MANAGEMENT PORTAL] Enhanced MSP Customer Onboarding – We've introduced a new onboarding flow exclusively for MSPs to add new customers. Now partners can autonomously create customers and promote them to production, add SKUs, and set expiration dates. In addition, they can view onboarding statuses in the new “Pending customers” tab.
Learn more on how to onboard customers as an MSP.