CoreView New UX FAQ
Modified on Thu, 16 Mar 2023 at 04:41 PM
- CoreView Release Notes March 2023
- CoreView Release Notes February 2023
- CoreView Release Notes January 2023
- CoreView December 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView November 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView October 2022 Release Notes
- September 2022 Release Notes
- August 2022 Release Notes
- Release 22.06 Key Features
- Release 22.05 Key Features
- Release 22.04 Key Features
- Release 22.03 Key Features
- Release 22.01 Key Features
- Release 21.12 Key Features
- Release 21.11 Key Features
- Release 21.10 Key Features
- Release 21.09 Key Features
- Release 21.08 Key Features
- Release 21.07 Key Features
- Release 21.05 Key Features
- Release 21.04 Key Features
- Release 21.03 Key Features
- Release 21.02 Key Features
- Release 21.01 Key Features
- Release 20.12 Key Features
- Release 20.11 Key Features
- Release 20.10 Key Features
- Release 20.09 Key Features
- Release 20.08: Key Features:
- Release 20.07: Key Features:
- Release Information
- Getting Started with Customer Care
Getting Started with CoreView
- Configuration Overview (New UX)
- Configuration Overview
- Creating CoreView Tenant Administrators (New UX)
- Creating CoreView Tenant Administrators
- CoreView Operator Uses Cases & Dependencies
- Creating a License Pool
- Understanding Virtual Tenants
- Frequently Asked Configuration Questions
- "Send As" DNS Requirements for CoreAdoption Campaigns (Optional)
- How to enforce MFA on CoreView service accounts
- Creating a License Pool
A Quick Tour of CoreView
- A Quick Tour of the CoreView Interface
- Introducing the CoreView New User Experience
- CoreView New UX FAQ
- CoreView Dashboards
- Using CoreView Reports
- How to use CoreView Management Actions (New UX)
- How to use CoreView Management Actions
- Understanding CoreView Releases
- Creating your first Workflow - A Practical Exercise
- How to check and analyze the Message Trace
- How To Configure Email Forwarding
- How to convert a user mailbox to a shared mailbox in Exchange Online
- How to Create Microsoft 365 Groups for Improved Collaboration
- How To Create Shared Mailbox
- How To Create User Mailbox
- How To Grant Access To Mailbox
- How to review and manage Exchange online mailbox permissions
- How to verify if a user has updated the Password
- Read Permission for Mailbox
- What are security groups and How to create it
- What is a Distribution Group and How to create it
- Exchange Online
- Custom Actions Library
- Getting Started with CoreHybrid
Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Tenant Admins
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Operators
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration – Management
- Understanding the CoreView Operator Profile
- Understanding CoreView Operator Roles
- Understanding CoreView Operator Delegation
- Understanding CoreView - Report Column Filtering
- Understanding CoreView - The User Interface
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - V-Tenant User Filters
- Understanding CoreAdoption – Templates and Campaigns
- Understanding CoreLearning - Content Hierarchy
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - Portal Information
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - CoreLearning
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration Options
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Unable to see OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Data (New UX)
- Unable to see OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Data
- Remote Office 365 PowerShell session can Conflict CoreView Management Actions
- Why I cannot save the changes on existing License pool?
- Error when attempting to perform a Management Action (New UX)
- Error when attempting to perform a Management Action
- Unable to modify the Assigned Licenses in my License Pool Report
- Enabling Permission for Endpoint Manager Actions (New UX)
- Enabling Permission for Endpoint Manager Actions
- How to enable permission for BitLocker keys report (New UX)
- How to enable permission for BitLocker keys report
- How to recreate Admins Read-only (New UX)
- How to recreate Admins Read-only
- How to add an operator to the portal?
- How to enable and configure CoreView management session (New UX)
- How to enable and configure CoreView management session Current UX
- How to provide a consent to activate Azure AD Reports Feature and activate Partial Import?
- Tips & Tricks: Leverage Pivot Reports to Prototype License Pool Criteria Filter
- Tips & Tricks - How to manage email notifications for newly added Operators.
- Disable MFA from Read Only Service Accounts
- How To: Report on "Consumed Portal Licenses" (New UX)
- How To: Report on "Consumed Portal Licenses"
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- Tips & Tricks: How to merge License Pools
- How to Use CoreView's Global Report Filters
- How to use the What If tool to check Azure AD conditional access policies
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- How to Archive a Teams Group
- How to Restore a Teams Group
- On-demand Import for a Single Device in Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Custom Actions using the Microsoft Graph API
- How to set up your tenant for the switch to Microsoft Graph API
- GraphAPI configuration: How to get Client ID and Client Secret
Reporting and Analytics
- How do I Check and Manage Calendar Permissions for a User? (newUX)
- How CoreView can help you with your Microsoft 365 Chargeback Goals.
- New UX: Understanding the new License Centers
- Understanding the Savings Opportunities Dashboard
- Understanding the License Optimization center
- Understanding License Pool Snapshots report
- Understanding Call quality dashboard
- Understanding Call quality report
- Understanding User call quality report
- Understanding Teams groups activity report
- Understanding Teams Adoption Growth Report
- Understanding Endpoint Manager reports
- Understanding Teams dashboard
- Understanding Risky Users report
- Understanding KPI dashboard
- Understanding Storage Dashboard
- Troubleshoot Active Users (License Usage) data
- Legacy Protocol Management
- Report Columns: Is active 30/60/90
- Quarantined Messages Report - Understanding The Reports
Managing and Administration
- Teams Voice: Direct Routing Support
- How to enable management function?
- CoreView Playbooks Overview
- CoreView Playbook Policy Overview
- Forward SMTP Address vs Forward Address management actions
- How to add the users in bulk while executing Users management actions?
- How to Create & Manage Custom Actions (New UX)
- How to Create & Manage Custom Actions
- How to schedule a report to be sent automatically, and how to modify its scheduling options?
- How to schedule an alert report for the License Count
- Tips & Tricks – How to read and modify license pool report?
- Overview of CoreView Workflow
- How to delegate Workflow management using roles
- How to configure CoreView and ServiceNow integration
- How to Enable Multi Factor Authentication for Operators and Admins who Access the CoreView Portal (New UX)
- How to Enable Multi Factor Authentication for Operators and Admins who Access the CoreView Portal
- How Can I Migrate from Group-Based Licenses to Direct Licenses Managed by CoreView?
- Naming convention rules
- Custom Actions: Forbidden and Warning Values
- How to add users to Distribution Group in bulk using via CSV
- Not able to manage licenses error (New UX)
- Not able to manage licenses error
- Using custom action json output as an input in the workflow
- Setting the Sensitivity Label on SharePoint as a Mandatory Field
- DistinguishedName vs OnPremisesDistinguishedName
Customer Engineering Workshop
- New UX Workshop - General Overview Session 2
- New UX Workshop - General Overview Session 1
- What’s new in License reporting – the new user interface and the License Center
- CoreView and ServiceNow – Integrating Workflows with ServiceNow
- Advanced Workflows & Custom Actions
- Customer Engineering Workshop: Reports, Dashboards, and Alerts
- Limiting M365 Admin Access with Permission Roles, V-tenants, and License Pools
- Customer Engineering Workshop Global - Group Licensing with CoreView
- Customer Engineering Workshop Global - Filters and Custom Actions
- Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- Internal Customer Care Resources
- Service Issues
CoreView Product Manual
- KPI Dashboard
- Operational Reports
- License Reports
- User Reports
- Mail Traffic Reports
- Exchange Reports
- Skype for Business Reports
- Teams Reports
- Group Reports
- Device Reports
- Endpoint Manager Reports
- Security reports
- SharePoint Reports
- Aggregation Reports
- OneDrive Reports
- Yammer Reports
- Report Actions
- Getting Started with CoreLearning
- Getting Started with CoreScan
- Getting Started with CoreTag
- Getting Started with CoreSaaS
- Learning Platform
Table of Contents
- What is the new UX?
- Why a new UX?
- What’s better with the new UX?
- Are there any new features with the new UX?
- When do I have to switch?
- How do I see the new UX?
- Is there training available?
- Do I have to reimplement?
- How is my configuration impacted?
- Can I look at it before my Operators?
- Can I roll this out slowly?
- Can I make it so my operators have to use the New UX?
- What’s missing from the new UX?
- How do I give feedback about the new UX?
- How do I get help if I don’t understand something in the new UX?
- Do I have to purchase the new UX?
- What happened to the Drive tab?
- What happened to the Learning tab?
- Can I change the colors? Can I change the logo?
- Is there a “dark mode”?
- Can I access via my phone or tablet?
- What is happening to the current UI?
- Can I opt out of the new UX?
- Is the new UX WCAG/508 compliant?
- What languages are supported?
- Do I need a new login?
- Is the new UX multi tenant?
- Can I still limit what my users can do?
- What about my saved and scheduled reports?
- What if I can’t find a certain feature?
- Will you still enhance the old UX?
- Is there a minimum resolution?
- Is there online help?
- Are there any Easter eggs?
- Once I switch, can I switch back?
- Are there any features deprecated in the New UX?
- Can I launch the legacy UX and the New UX in parallel?
- For MSPs
What is the new UX?
- The new UX is a totally new application interface for the CoreView product. It is a complete redesign of the user interface.
Why a new UX?
- The New UX began because of the need to upgrade to a new UI technology. Angular JS has reached its end-of-support date, so we knew we needed to shift technologies. We used this opportunity to reconsider the user experience that had grown organically over the course of a number of years.
What’s better with the new UX?
- The new UX is faster, with screen load times much quicker than before. There’s greater consistency across the application so that you only have to learn the experience once. The navigation is much more intuitive. The most important actions are brought to the forefront instead of being buried in menus and sub-menus.
Are there any new features with the new UX?
- As of July 2022, all new enhancements have been delivered in the new UX only. There are already some great capabilities that have been delivered. CoreView Playbooks take many of the capabilities of CoreSuite – reporting, workflow, KPIs, but assemble them into a pre-defined, out-of-the-box solution that detects problems in your M365 environment and then provides automated remediation. Teams Voice Direct Routing support extends CoreView’s support of direct routing number management. License Pool Centers makes it easier than ever to manage license pools and SKUs and easily shift licenses and costs across business unites.
When do I have to switch?
- The legacy UX is scheduled to be end of life on May 15, 2023.
How do I see the new UX?
- In the user experience, there is a toggle in the upper left that allows you to switch between the legacy and new UX. You can also access the new UX directly by going to app.coreview.com. One thing to note is that you need to log into each experience separately, but that these are just two user experiences for the same configuration.
Is there training available?
- A whole set of end user training is available.
Do I have to reimplement?
- No. Your existing configuration powers both the new and legacy user experience. You may want to look at your existing permission configurations to take advantage of new features, but there is nothing you have to do to start using the new UX.
How is my configuration impacted?
- It isn’t. Your existing configuration already works with the new UX.
Can I look at it before my Operators?
- Yes. Any tenant admin can use the toggle or go to app.coreview.com to see the new UX.
Can I roll this out slowly?
- Yes, but not too slowly. We will be removing the legacy UX on May 15, 2023. So you should begin the process of getting users familiar with the new user interface soon.
Can I make it so my operators have to use the New UX?
- Yes. Within Settings > My organization > Settings are available the switches to control the delegation of the new UX.
- Enable new user experience for all operators - Everyone is able to log in the new UX.
- Set new user experience as default for all operators - Forces operators to the new UX every time they login. Everyone have still access to the legacy UX using the toggle.
- Disable legacy user experience for all operators - Operators cannot access anymore to legacy UX, while tenant administrators can still access.
What’s missing from the new UX?
- At this point, all planned functionality has been migrated to the new UX. Because of the differences in the UI there may be different ways to accomplish things in the new UX, but we believe all functionality has been migrated.
How do I give feedback about the new UX?
- You can share it with your CSM. You can post enhancement requests in the Customer Feedback Forum (UserVoice) or you can send feedback to email@example.com. We welcome feedback!
How do I get help if I don’t understand something in the new UX?
- Documentation on the new UX is available in the knowledge base. You can ask support or your CSM if there is anything you need help with.
Do I have to purchase the new UX?
- No. The new UX is part of your existing subscription.
What happened to the Drive tab?
- The Drive functionality is being redesigned and will be relaunched in 2023.
What happened to the Learning tab?
- CoreView has announced the end-of-life for CoreLearning, so it will not be moved to the new UX.
Can I change the colors? Can I change the logo?
- You can change the logo from the My Organizations page. You cannot change the color scheme.
Is there a “dark mode”?
- There is not a dark mode at this time.
Can I access via my phone or tablet?
- The new UX has been designed for tablets and desktops. Pages may be accessible by phone but are not optimized for that size screen.
What is happening to the current UI?
- The legacy UI will be retired on May 15, 2023.
Can I opt out of the new UX?
- No. Because the technology stack is past active support, we need to move all customers to the New UX.
Is the new UX WCAG/508 compliant?
- Not yet, but we are working on it. We have tested the application for WCAG compliance. We will be publishing a VPAT later in 2023.
What languages are supported?
- Currently, English, French, Spanish, German and Italian.
Do I need a new login?
- No, you do not, but you will be prompted to login if you switch between the legacy and new UX. Each “app” needs to be logged in to.
Is the new UX multi tenant?
- Yes it is. Just as in the legacy UX, you can easily switch between your tenants from the top navigation.
Can I still limit what my users can do?
- Yes. Permissions and v-tenants work the same in the new UX as in the legacy UX. All of your existing permissions have been “ported” to the new UX. However, there are new pages and capabilities being added to the new UX that you should review to add to your permissions.
What about my saved and scheduled reports?
- Saved reports have been migrated to the new UX. Scheduled reports will be migrated on April 1, 2023.
What if I can’t find a certain feature?
- Check out the knowledge base, and our training videos, or reach out to your CSM/Support. Testing has shown the new navigation to be pretty intuitive, but don’t hesitate to ask.
Will you still enhance the legacy UX?
- We are not adding any further enhancements to the legacy UX.
Is there a minimum resolution?
- The new UX has been designed for tablets and desktops. We have not identified a minimum resolution, but the screen is definitely optimized for a desktop/laptop experience. Please note, we design with display scaling at 100%.
Is there online help?
- Yes. There is a new “Resource Center” located in the top right corner that provides guides and walkthroughs, access to the online training and knowledge base, and other online help resources.
Are there any Easter eggs?
- I’m sure there are. Try to find them.
Once I switch, can I switch back?
- You can toggle back and forth between the legacy and new UX experience until the end of life date of May 15, 2023.
Are there any features deprecated in the New UX?
- There are some features we are not carrying forward. The “Drive” functionality is being reconsidered and won’t be moved “as is” to the new experience.
Can I launch the legacy UX and the New UX in parallel?
- Yes. You can have both open in separate windows.
How do I onboard my customers?
- The Invoice functionality will be moved to a new dedicated partner portal for managing tenants. More detail will be forthcoming later in the quarter. For now, you can continue to onboard customers from the legacy UX.