August 2022 Release Notes
Modified on Mon, 22 Aug 2022 at 10:23 PM
- CoreView Release Notes September 2023
- CoreView Release Notes August 2023
- CoreView Release Notes July 2023
- CoreView Release Notes June 2023
- CoreView Release Notes May 2023
- CoreView Release Notes April 2023
- CoreView Release Notes March 2023
- CoreView Release Notes February 2023
- CoreView Release Notes January 2023
- CoreView December 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView November 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView October 2022 Release Notes
- September 2022 Release Notes
- August 2022 Release Notes
- Release 22.06 Key Features
- Release 22.05 Key Features
- Release 22.04 Key Features
- Release 22.03 Key Features
- Release 22.01 Key Features
- Release 21.12 Key Features
- Release 21.11 Key Features
- Release 21.10 Key Features
- Release 21.09 Key Features
- Release 21.08 Key Features
- Release 21.07 Key Features
- Release 21.05 Key Features
- Release 21.04 Key Features
- Release 21.03 Key Features
- Release 21.02 Key Features
- Release 21.01 Key Features
- Release Information
- Getting Started with Customer Care
Getting Started with CoreView
- Configuration Overview
- Creating CoreView Tenant Administrators
- CoreView Operator Uses Cases & Dependencies
- Creating a License Pool
- Understanding Virtual Tenants
- "Send As" DNS Requirements for CoreAdoption Campaigns (Optional)
- How to enforce MFA on CoreView service accounts
- Creating a License Pool
- How to ensure security for CoreView service accounts
- Disabling MFA for CoreView service accounts
- Set Conditional Access to grant access only inside the CoreView data center
- How to check and analyze the Message Trace
- How To Configure Email Forwarding
- How to convert a Shared Mailbox to a User Mailbox
- How to convert a user mailbox to a shared mailbox in Exchange Online
- How to Create Microsoft 365 Groups for Improved Collaboration
- How To Create Shared Mailbox
- How To Create User Mailbox
- How To Grant Access To Mailbox
- How to List all the Mailboxes a User has access to in Microsoft 365
- How to remove delegates from Mailbox
- How to remove user access to Mailbox
- How to review and manage Exchange online mailbox permissions
- How to verify if a user has updated the Password
- Read Permission for Mailbox
- What are security groups and How to create it
- What is a Distribution Group and How to create it
- Exchange Online
- Custom Actions Library
- Getting Started with CoreHybrid
Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Tenant Admins
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Operators
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration – Management
- Understanding the CoreView Operator Profile
- Understanding CoreView Operator Roles (New UX)
- Understanding CoreView Operator Roles
- Understanding CoreView Operator Delegation
- Understanding CoreView - Report Column Filtering
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - V-Tenant User Filters
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - Portal Information
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration Options
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Unable to see OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Data
- Remote Office 365 PowerShell session can Conflict CoreView Management Actions
- Why I cannot save the changes on existing License pool?
- Error when attempting to perform a Management Action
- Unable to modify the Assigned Licenses in my License Pool Report
- Enabling Permission for Endpoint Manager Actions
- How to enable permission for BitLocker keys report
- How to recreate Admins Read-only
- How to add an operator to the portal?
- How to enable and configure CoreView management session
- How to provide a consent to activate Azure AD Reports Feature and activate Partial Import?
- Tips & Tricks: Leverage Pivot Reports to Prototype License Pool Criteria Filter
- Tips & Tricks - How to manage email notifications for newly added Operators.
- Disable MFA from Read Only Service Accounts
- How To: Report on "Consumed Portal Licenses"
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- Tips & Tricks: How to merge License Pools
- How to Use CoreView's Global Report Filters
- How to use the What If tool to check Azure AD conditional access policies
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- How to Archive a Teams Group
- How to Restore a Teams Group
- On-demand Import for a Single Device in Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Custom Actions using the Microsoft Graph API
- How to set up your tenant for the switch to Microsoft Graph API
- GraphAPI configuration: How to get Client ID and Client Secret
- How to provide consent to import exchange information
Reporting and Analytics
- How do I Check and Manage Calendar Permissions for a User?
- How CoreView can help you with your Microsoft 365 Chargeback Goals.
- New UX: Understanding the new License Centers
- Understanding the Savings Opportunities Dashboard
- Understanding the License Optimization center
- Understanding License Pool Snapshots report
- Understanding Call quality dashboard
- Understanding Call quality report
- Understanding User call quality report
- Understanding Teams groups activity report
- Understanding Teams Adoption Growth Report
- Understanding Endpoint Manager reports
- Understanding Teams dashboard
- Understanding Risky Users report
- Understanding Storage Dashboard
- Troubleshoot Active Users (License Usage) data
- Legacy Protocol Management
- Report Columns: Is active 30/60/90
- Quarantined Messages Report - Understanding The Reports
Managing and Administration
- Teams Voice: Direct Routing Support
- How to enable management function?
- Forward SMTP Address vs Forward Address management actions
- How to add the users in bulk while executing Users management actions?
- How to Create & Manage Custom Actions
- How to schedule a report to be sent automatically, and how to modify its scheduling options?
- How to schedule an alert report for the License Count
- Tips & Tricks – How to read and modify license pool report?
- Overview of CoreView Workflow
- How to delegate Workflow management using roles
- How to configure CoreView and ServiceNow integration
- How to Enable Multi Factor Authentication for Operators and Admins who Access the CoreView Portal
- How Can I Migrate from Group-Based Licenses to Direct Licenses Managed by CoreView?
- Naming convention rules
- Custom Actions: Forbidden and Warning Values
- How to add users to Distribution Group in bulk using via CSV
- Not able to manage licenses error
- Using custom action json output as an input in the workflow
- Setting the Sensitivity Label on SharePoint as a Mandatory Field
- DistinguishedName vs OnPremisesDistinguishedName
- Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- CoreView Product Manual
- Health Check
- Configuring predefined policies
- Edit policy settings: Set and monitor thresholds
- Edit remediation settings: Manual and automatic remediation
- Edit remediation settings: Configure attestation
- Remediation settings: Security & Identity policies
- Remediation settings: Teams Management policies
- Remediation settings: License Management policies
- Remediation settings: SharePoint & OneDrive Management policies
- Remediation settings: Exchange Management policies
- Out-of-the-Box playbooks
- Learning Platform
- Internal Customer Care Resources
- Webinars and Events
- Internal Support
Starting in August 2022, CoreView is moving to a continuous deployment model, meaning that new features, bug fixes and product improvements will be released on an ongoing basis. Release notes will be updated as new capabilities are released.
August 23 Enhancements
SharePoint reports improvement
With the SharePoint usage, SharePoint activity, & SharePoint owners reports, it is now possible to see the site admins for each site. Having the admins available as part of the report makes it easier to create workflows for SharePoint related activity, assigning tasks to the site administrators to take action.
Subscription Expiration Notifications (UserVoice)
Going forward subscription expiration notifications will only be displayed to Tenant Administrators.
Teams Private Channel Reporting Improvements
With Private and Shared channels, previously it was not possible to see the number of guest and external users who had been added to those channels, making it extremely difficult to manage and ensure people didn’t have access to inappropriate information. This enhancement now identifies guest and external users of private channels so that they can be more readily identified and removed.
New Endpoint Manager action – Assign Group Tag
For a device to be Autopilot enabled, a deployment profile needs to be assigned, and to create a deployment profile a Group Tag must be assigned. This release introduces a new management action that provides the ability to add a group tag to one or multiple devices. In addition, the group tag is available as a column in the Devices report. This is also an action that can be performed as part of a workflow.
- As part of managing SharePoint through workflow, the first step is often the creation of the Site, and then subsequent steps update that site. However, one of the limitations of the or actions was that you could use the site you just created as a variable in subsequent steps. That has been addressed. Now for example, if my second step of the workflow was to assign Site owners, I could use the URL from the site I just created in the first step as input to the second step.
- In addition, Custom attributes can now be set as part of the workflow, enabling more user updates to be automated and avoiding the need for manual intervention.
New UX Improvements
Saved Pivot reports
With pivot reports, it is now possible to save your configuration as a custom report and add it as one of your favorites in order to make it easier to access in the future.
License Management Centers
With the New UX, license management reporting has been redesigned to focus on several key “centers” or focus areas for license related reporting. This includes license pools, subscriptions, and M365 applications. Within each center are several reports organized as tabs at the top of the page. The goal of this design is to group a variety of related reports together to make it easier to find the information you are looking for on each of these topics.
License Pools center
The License pools center contains reports on license and cost distribution as well as monthly snapshot comparisons. You can rapidly look at licenses by pool or by SKU. Tenant admins can more easily distribute licenses across pools. License pool reports also now have capabilities for hiding SKUs, for scheduling reports, for saving custom configurations, and for exporting data.
Microsoft 365 Pro Plus center
The Microsoft 365 Pro Plus center brings together reports on Microsoft 365 installations, Microsoft Apps licenses, M365 App usage, and M365 App Active users.
The Subscriptions center brings together the active subscriptions report as well as subscription history. From this report, you can set the price per unit for each SKU as well as different prices for any SKU that has multiple SKUs. These prices provide the foundation for any cross-charging you may do to departments or business units for license usage.
The Optimization center is where you’ll head to identify license saving opportunities. From this report you can review unused, duplicated or over-allocated licenses and take action to keep your license consumption under control.
August 2 Enhancements
New Teams Usage fields
CoreView has added additional fields to the Teams Usage reports providing customers with greater insight on Teams adoption and behavior. This includes the following fields:
- Report Refresh Date
- Tenant Display Name
- Shared Channel Tenant Display Names
- User Id
- User Principal Name
- Last Activity Date
- Is Deleted
- Deleted Date
- Assigned Products
- Team Chat Message Count
- Private Chat Message Count
- Call Count
- Meeting Count
- Post Messages
- Reply Messages
- Urgent Messages
- Meetings Organized Count
- Meetings Attended Count
- Ad Hoc Meetings Organized Count
- Ad Hoc Meetings Attended Count
- Scheduled One-time Meetings Organized Count
- Scheduled One-time Meetings Attended Count
- Scheduled Recurring Meetings Organized Count
- Scheduled Recurring Meetings Attended Count
- Audio Duration
- Video Duration
- Screen Share Duration
- Audio Duration Seconds
- Video Duration Seconds
- Screen Share Duration Seconds
- Has Other Action
- Is Licensed
- Report Period
This should reduce the need for customers to access the Teams admin center to understand Teams usage.
Remove Skype for Business reports
With this release, we have removed the Skype for Business reports. Support for these was deprecated by Microsoft and usage can now be seen as part of the Teams usage reports.
Data de-anonymized for OneDrive and SharePoint
Since Microsoft has begun anonymizing data by default, this has resulted in CoreView users seeing OneDrive and SharePoint data anonymized. CoreView can now display this data even without removing the “data anonymization” setting in Microsoft.
Message Trace improvements
CoreView has been able to greatly accelerate the speed of the Message Trace report by as much as a factor of 10, greatly reducing the time spent searching for messages.