Understanding the Savings Opportunities Dashboard
Modified on Thu, 02 Feb 2023 at 03:39 AM
- CoreView Release Notes May 2023
- CoreView Release Notes April 2023
- CoreView Release Notes March 2023
- CoreView Release Notes February 2023
- CoreView Release Notes January 2023
- CoreView December 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView November 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView October 2022 Release Notes
- September 2022 Release Notes
- August 2022 Release Notes
- Release 22.06 Key Features
- Release 22.05 Key Features
- Release 22.04 Key Features
- Release 22.03 Key Features
- Release 22.01 Key Features
- Release 21.12 Key Features
- Release 21.11 Key Features
- Release 21.10 Key Features
- Release 21.09 Key Features
- Release 21.08 Key Features
- Release 21.07 Key Features
- Release 21.05 Key Features
- Release 21.04 Key Features
- Release 21.03 Key Features
- Release 21.02 Key Features
- Release 21.01 Key Features
- Release 20.12 Key Features
- Release 20.11 Key Features
- Release 20.10 Key Features
- Release 20.09 Key Features
- Release Information
- Getting Started with Customer Care
Getting Started with CoreView
- Configuration Overview (New UX)
- Configuration Overview
- Creating CoreView Tenant Administrators (New UX)
- Creating CoreView Tenant Administrators
- CoreView Operator Uses Cases & Dependencies
- Creating a License Pool
- Understanding Virtual Tenants
- Frequently Asked Configuration Questions
- "Send As" DNS Requirements for CoreAdoption Campaigns (Optional)
- How to enforce MFA on CoreView service accounts
- Creating a License Pool
A Quick Tour of CoreView
- A Quick Tour of the CoreView Interface
- Introducing the CoreView New User Experience
- CoreView New UX FAQ
- CoreView Dashboards
- Using CoreView Reports
- How to use CoreView Management Actions (New UX)
- How to use CoreView Management Actions
- Understanding CoreView Releases
- Creating your first Workflow - A Practical Exercise
- Introducing the new site for Partner customer management
- How to check and analyze the Message Trace
- How To Configure Email Forwarding
- How to convert a Shared Mailbox to a User Mailbox
- How to convert a user mailbox to a shared mailbox in Exchange Online
- How to Create Microsoft 365 Groups for Improved Collaboration
- How To Create Shared Mailbox
- How To Create User Mailbox
- How To Grant Access To Mailbox
- How to List all the Mailboxes a User has access to in Microsoft 36
- How to remove delegates from Mailbox
- How to remove user access to Mailbox
- How to review and manage Exchange online mailbox permissions
- How to verify if a user has updated the Password
- Read Permission for Mailbox
- What are security groups and How to create it
- What is a Distribution Group and How to create it
- Exchange Online
- Custom Actions Library
- Getting Started with CoreHybrid
Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Tenant Admins
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Operators
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration – Management
- Understanding the CoreView Operator Profile
- Understanding CoreView Operator Roles
- Understanding CoreView Operator Delegation
- Understanding CoreView - Report Column Filtering
- Understanding CoreView - The User Interface
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - V-Tenant User Filters
- Understanding CoreAdoption – Templates and Campaigns
- Understanding CoreLearning - Content Hierarchy
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - Portal Information
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - CoreLearning
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration Options
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Unable to see OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Data (New UX)
- Unable to see OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Data
- Remote Office 365 PowerShell session can Conflict CoreView Management Actions
- Why I cannot save the changes on existing License pool?
- Error when attempting to perform a Management Action (New UX)
- Error when attempting to perform a Management Action
- Unable to modify the Assigned Licenses in my License Pool Report
- Enabling Permission for Endpoint Manager Actions (New UX)
- Enabling Permission for Endpoint Manager Actions
- How to enable permission for BitLocker keys report (New UX)
- How to enable permission for BitLocker keys report
- How to recreate Admins Read-only (New UX)
- How to recreate Admins Read-only
- How to add an operator to the portal?
- How to enable and configure CoreView management session (New UX)
- How to enable and configure CoreView management session Current UX
- How to provide a consent to activate Azure AD Reports Feature and activate Partial Import?
- Tips & Tricks: Leverage Pivot Reports to Prototype License Pool Criteria Filter
- Tips & Tricks - How to manage email notifications for newly added Operators.
- Disable MFA from Read Only Service Accounts
- How To: Report on "Consumed Portal Licenses" (New UX)
- How To: Report on "Consumed Portal Licenses"
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- Tips & Tricks: How to merge License Pools
- How to Use CoreView's Global Report Filters
- How to use the What If tool to check Azure AD conditional access policies
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- How to Archive a Teams Group
- How to Restore a Teams Group
- On-demand Import for a Single Device in Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Custom Actions using the Microsoft Graph API
- How to set up your tenant for the switch to Microsoft Graph API
- GraphAPI configuration: How to get Client ID and Client Secret
Reporting and Analytics
- How do I Check and Manage Calendar Permissions for a User? (newUX)
- How CoreView can help you with your Microsoft 365 Chargeback Goals.
- New UX: Understanding the new License Centers
- Understanding the Savings Opportunities Dashboard
- Understanding the License Optimization center
- Understanding License Pool Snapshots report
- Understanding Call quality dashboard
- Understanding Call quality report
- Understanding User call quality report
- Understanding Teams groups activity report
- Understanding Teams Adoption Growth Report
- Understanding Endpoint Manager reports
- Understanding Teams dashboard
- Understanding Risky Users report
- Understanding KPI dashboard
- Understanding Storage Dashboard
- Troubleshoot Active Users (License Usage) data
- Legacy Protocol Management
- Report Columns: Is active 30/60/90
- Quarantined Messages Report - Understanding The Reports
Managing and Administration
- Teams Voice: Direct Routing Support
- How to enable management function?
- CoreView Playbooks Overview
- CoreView Playbook Policy Overview
- Forward SMTP Address vs Forward Address management actions
- How to add the users in bulk while executing Users management actions?
- How to Create & Manage Custom Actions (New UX)
- How to Create & Manage Custom Actions
- How to schedule a report to be sent automatically, and how to modify its scheduling options?
- How to schedule an alert report for the License Count
- Tips & Tricks – How to read and modify license pool report?
- Overview of CoreView Workflow
- How to delegate Workflow management using roles
- How to configure CoreView and ServiceNow integration
- How to Enable Multi Factor Authentication for Operators and Admins who Access the CoreView Portal (New UX)
- How to Enable Multi Factor Authentication for Operators and Admins who Access the CoreView Portal
- How Can I Migrate from Group-Based Licenses to Direct Licenses Managed by CoreView?
- Naming convention rules
- Custom Actions: Forbidden and Warning Values
- How to add users to Distribution Group in bulk using via CSV
- Not able to manage licenses error (New UX)
- Not able to manage licenses error
- Using custom action json output as an input in the workflow
- Setting the Sensitivity Label on SharePoint as a Mandatory Field
- DistinguishedName vs OnPremisesDistinguishedName
Customer Engineering Workshop
- Migrating from Azure Group Based Licensing to CoreView
- Customer Engineering Workshop - Teams Voice
- Customer Engineering Workshop - Playbooks – policy, perfected
- New UX Workshop - General Overview Session 2
- New UX Workshop - General Overview Session 1
- What’s new in License reporting – the new user interface and the License Center
- CoreView and ServiceNow – Integrating Workflows with ServiceNow
- Advanced Workflows & Custom Actions
- Customer Engineering Workshop: Reports, Dashboards, and Alerts
- Limiting M365 Admin Access with Permission Roles, V-tenants, and License Pools
- Customer Engineering Workshop Global - Group Licensing with CoreView
- Customer Engineering Workshop Global - Filters and Custom Actions
- Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- Internal Customer Care Resources
- Service Issues
CoreView Product Manual
- KPI Dashboard
- Operational Reports
- License Reports
- User Reports
- Mail Traffic Reports
- Exchange Reports
- Skype for Business Reports
- Teams Reports
- Group Reports
- Device Reports
- Endpoint Manager Reports
- Security reports
- SharePoint Reports
- Aggregation Reports
- OneDrive Reports
- Yammer Reports
- Report Actions
- Getting Started with CoreLearning
- Getting Started with CoreScan
- Getting Started with CoreTag
- Getting Started with CoreSaaS
- Learning Platform
The Savings Opportunity Dashboard allows you to review license usage and allocation over time. It aggregates the data from other reports into a clickable dashboard view. We will explore how to use the Savings Dashboard and how you can utilize it.
- You must have an Enterprise License and have more than 300 users. If you are not using an Enterprise License or have less than 300 users, you will not see data on the dashboard or it will appear unlicensed.
- Your Tenant must have License Pools configured
This dashboard provides the ability to check past license allocation for each license pool. CoreView saves a snapshot of the dashboard for each month that you can access from the ‘View’ dropdown. You can also compare two snapshots to track the evolution of your license wasting with the ‘Compare to’ feature.
This dashboard is based on three different ‘Saving drivers’: disabled licensed users, inactive licensed users, and over-licensed users.
- Disable licensed users: users with a primary(*) license and blocked credentials
- Inactive licensed users: enabled users with ALL primary(*) license inactive
- Over-licensed users: enabled users with more than one primary(*) license, at least one of which is active
* Primary license: with this dashboard, we have introduced the concept of primary license. Those licenses are the Microsoft 365 and Office 365 licenses that provide the essential apps to the users. The list of licenses defined as ‘primary’ are the ones part of:
- Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS)
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise
- Microsoft 365 Frontline
- Office 365 Enterprise
- Microsoft 365 GOV
- Office 365 GOV
- Microsoft 365 Educational
- Office 365 Educational
- Microsoft 365 Business
- Microsoft 365 Apps
Please be aware that the snapshots will be stored starting from April 2022, and will move forward from that date.
By following the instructions, you will be able to review license activity over a period and compare it to the current month. You can leverage this dashboard to identify trends and improve license optimization.
- You should be logged into the CoreView portal and sitting on your home page.
- On the “Analyze Tab”, click “Dashboard”, then “Saving Opportunities”.
You should now be on the “Saving Opportunities Dashboard”
- Click on the “Disabled Licensed Users” box to see a filtered “User report” of disabled licensed users. This view can help find licenses that you should probably reclaim/reassign.
- Click on the “Inactive Licensed Users” box to see a filtered “User report” of users who have not been logging into the Microsoft company products but have an issued license of products.
- Click on the “Over Licensed Users” box to see a filtered “User report” of licensed users using all the products they are licensed for. This may allow you to switch them to a different (cheaper) license.
- Click on the “Total Users” box to see a “User Report” of all your users.
- Under the “Unnecessary Spending Trend” box, you can adjust:
7a. Which report you are viewing data on under the ‘View’ dropdown, and
7b. Date lengths of 3, 6, 12, and 24 months using the ‘Last’ dropdown. Please note that data timeframes are limited to the preset timeframes and may be less based on if you have been with CoreView less than the set timeframes.
- The “Compare Snapshot ” box lets you choose the snapshots to visualize in the chart by selecting from the ‘View’ and ‘Compare to’ dropdowns. The data of the ‘Saving drivers’ (licenses inactive, allocated to disabled users, and users over-licensed) is plotted in the chart accordingly.
- The default view of the table shows you the current situation of your license allocation and the ‘Saving drivers’ (licenses inactive, allocated to disabled users, and over-licensed). Using the ‘Display by’ dropdown, you can switch what numbers are shown in the table (number of users, license costs, or percentage of the total users in that license pool).
- By clicking on any of the numbers in a cell, you will be redirected to the list of users corresponding to that combination of license pool and saving driver - so you can manage them (i.e., reclaiming their licenses using the ‘Manage licenses’ action, or even better launching a dedicated workflow).
- You can access the past snapshots available in your Tenant by selecting them from the ‘View’ dropdown.
- You can compare a snapshot to the one you are currently visualizing by selecting it from the ‘Compare to’ dropdown.
Disclaimer: To have two comparable snapshots for the filter criteria, you must match them (i.e., if a snapshot has license pools configured by ‘country’, it cannot be compared to a snapshot with a ‘domain’ configuration).
Roles and permissions
This report gets filtered on license pools, so delegated operators (users who are not Tenant Admin) will be able to see only the license pools assigned to them. Tenant Admin and users with the GlobalLicense role can see the full report for all the license pools.
This is a brief introduction to the “Saving Opportunities” report. You should now be able to see where some cost savings may present themselves for your Tenant.
Click around and see where it takes you!