Activating your CoreView Tenant
Modified on Thu, 09 Mar 2023 at 06:24 AM
- CoreView Release Notes March 2023
- CoreView Release Notes February 2023
- CoreView Release Notes January 2023
- CoreView December 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView November 2022 Release Notes
- CoreView October 2022 Release Notes
- September 2022 Release Notes
- August 2022 Release Notes
- Release 22.06 Key Features
- Release 22.05 Key Features
- Release 22.04 Key Features
- Release 22.03 Key Features
- Release 22.01 Key Features
- Release 21.12 Key Features
- Release 21.11 Key Features
- Release 21.10 Key Features
- Release 21.09 Key Features
- Release 21.08 Key Features
- Release 21.07 Key Features
- Release 21.05 Key Features
- Release 21.04 Key Features
- Release 21.03 Key Features
- Release 21.02 Key Features
- Release 21.01 Key Features
- Release 20.12 Key Features
- Release 20.11 Key Features
- Release 20.10 Key Features
- Release 20.09 Key Features
- Release 20.08: Key Features:
- Release 20.07: Key Features:
- Release Information
- Getting Started with Customer Care
Getting Started with CoreView
- Configuration Overview (New UX)
- Configuration Overview
- Creating CoreView Tenant Administrators (New UX)
- Creating CoreView Tenant Administrators
- CoreView Operator Uses Cases & Dependencies
- Creating a License Pool
- Understanding Virtual Tenants
- Frequently Asked Configuration Questions
- "Send As" DNS Requirements for CoreAdoption Campaigns (Optional)
- How to enforce MFA on CoreView service accounts
- Creating a License Pool
A Quick Tour of CoreView
- A Quick Tour of the CoreView Interface
- Introducing the CoreView New User Experience
- CoreView New UX FAQ
- CoreView Dashboards
- Using CoreView Reports
- How to use CoreView Management Actions (New UX)
- How to use CoreView Management Actions
- Understanding CoreView Releases
- Creating your first Workflow - A Practical Exercise
- How to check and analyze the Message Trace
- How To Configure Email Forwarding
- How to convert a user mailbox to a shared mailbox in Exchange Online
- How to Create Microsoft 365 Groups for Improved Collaboration
- How To Create Shared Mailbox
- How To Create User Mailbox
- How To Grant Access To Mailbox
- How to review and manage Exchange online mailbox permissions
- How to verify if a user has updated the Password
- Read Permission for Mailbox
- What are security groups and How to create it
- What is a Distribution Group and How to create it
- Exchange Online
- Custom Actions Library
- Getting Started with CoreHybrid
Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Tenant Admins
- CoreView Quick Start Guide Overview and Index - Operators
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration – Management
- Understanding the CoreView Operator Profile
- Understanding CoreView Operator Roles
- Understanding CoreView Operator Delegation
- Understanding CoreView - Report Column Filtering
- Understanding CoreView - The User Interface
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - V-Tenant User Filters
- Understanding CoreAdoption – Templates and Campaigns
- Understanding CoreLearning - Content Hierarchy
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - Portal Information
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration - CoreLearning
- Understanding CoreView Tenant Configuration Options
Troubleshooting Common Issues
- Unable to see OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Data (New UX)
- Unable to see OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Data
- Remote Office 365 PowerShell session can Conflict CoreView Management Actions
- Why I cannot save the changes on existing License pool?
- Error when attempting to perform a Management Action (New UX)
- Error when attempting to perform a Management Action
- Unable to modify the Assigned Licenses in my License Pool Report
- Enabling Permission for Endpoint Manager Actions (New UX)
- Enabling Permission for Endpoint Manager Actions
- How to enable permission for BitLocker keys report (New UX)
- How to enable permission for BitLocker keys report
- How to recreate Admins Read-only (New UX)
- How to recreate Admins Read-only
- How to add an operator to the portal?
- How to enable and configure CoreView management session (New UX)
- How to enable and configure CoreView management session Current UX
- How to provide a consent to activate Azure AD Reports Feature and activate Partial Import?
- Tips & Tricks: Leverage Pivot Reports to Prototype License Pool Criteria Filter
- Tips & Tricks - How to manage email notifications for newly added Operators.
- Disable MFA from Read Only Service Accounts
- How To: Report on "Consumed Portal Licenses" (New UX)
- How To: Report on "Consumed Portal Licenses"
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- Tips & Tricks: How to merge License Pools
- How to Use CoreView's Global Report Filters
- How to use the What If tool to check Azure AD conditional access policies
- How to Configure Allowed IP Addresses for CoreView Service Accounts
- How to Archive a Teams Group
- How to Restore a Teams Group
- On-demand Import for a Single Device in Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Custom Actions using the Microsoft Graph API
- How to set up your tenant for the switch to Microsoft Graph API
- GraphAPI configuration: How to get Client ID and Client Secret
Reporting and Analytics
- How do I Check and Manage Calendar Permissions for a User? (newUX)
- How CoreView can help you with your Microsoft 365 Chargeback Goals.
- New UX: Understanding the new License Centers
- Understanding the Savings Opportunities Dashboard
- Understanding the License Optimization center
- Understanding License Pool Snapshots report
- Understanding Call quality dashboard
- Understanding Call quality report
- Understanding User call quality report
- Understanding Teams groups activity report
- Understanding Teams Adoption Growth Report
- Understanding Endpoint Manager reports
- Understanding Teams dashboard
- Understanding Risky Users report
- Understanding KPI dashboard
- Understanding Storage Dashboard
- Troubleshoot Active Users (License Usage) data
- Legacy Protocol Management
- Report Columns: Is active 30/60/90
- Quarantined Messages Report - Understanding The Reports
Managing and Administration
- Teams Voice: Direct Routing Support
- How to enable management function?
- CoreView Playbooks Overview
- CoreView Playbook Policy Overview
- Forward SMTP Address vs Forward Address management actions
- How to add the users in bulk while executing Users management actions?
- How to Create & Manage Custom Actions (New UX)
- How to Create & Manage Custom Actions
- How to schedule a report to be sent automatically, and how to modify its scheduling options?
- How to schedule an alert report for the License Count
- Tips & Tricks – How to read and modify license pool report?
- Overview of CoreView Workflow
- How to delegate Workflow management using roles
- How to configure CoreView and ServiceNow integration
- How to Enable Multi Factor Authentication for Operators and Admins who Access the CoreView Portal (New UX)
- How to Enable Multi Factor Authentication for Operators and Admins who Access the CoreView Portal
- How Can I Migrate from Group-Based Licenses to Direct Licenses Managed by CoreView?
- Naming convention rules
- Custom Actions: Forbidden and Warning Values
- How to add users to Distribution Group in bulk using via CSV
- Not able to manage licenses error (New UX)
- Not able to manage licenses error
- Using custom action json output as an input in the workflow
- Setting the Sensitivity Label on SharePoint as a Mandatory Field
- DistinguishedName vs OnPremisesDistinguishedName
Customer Engineering Workshop
- New UX Workshop - General Overview Session 2
- New UX Workshop - General Overview Session 1
- What’s new in License reporting – the new user interface and the License Center
- CoreView and ServiceNow – Integrating Workflows with ServiceNow
- Advanced Workflows & Custom Actions
- Customer Engineering Workshop: Reports, Dashboards, and Alerts
- Limiting M365 Admin Access with Permission Roles, V-tenants, and License Pools
- Customer Engineering Workshop Global - Group Licensing with CoreView
- Customer Engineering Workshop Global - Filters and Custom Actions
- Understanding CoreView - Quick Start Guides.
- Internal Customer Care Resources
- Service Issues
CoreView Product Manual
- KPI Dashboard
- Operational Reports
- License Reports
- User Reports
- Mail Traffic Reports
- Exchange Reports
- Skype for Business Reports
- Teams Reports
- Group Reports
- Device Reports
- Endpoint Manager Reports
- Security reports
- SharePoint Reports
- Aggregation Reports
- OneDrive Reports
- Yammer Reports
- Report Actions
- Getting Started with CoreLearning
- Getting Started with CoreScan
- Getting Started with CoreTag
- Getting Started with CoreSaaS
- Learning Platform
This resource is designed to help you understand the activation (enrollment) process. CoreView will assist all new customers through the activation process. This typically takes around fifteen minutes and happens during the initial onboarding meeting.
Please be aware of the following prerequisites. These apply only to the activation process.
- Activation Account - You must use a valid Microsoft Office 365 organizational account, meaning one that is associated with a work or school account. The best practice is to use a mail-enabled, cloud-only account, such as one that ends in @yourtenant.onmicrosoft.com. The use of any accounts associated with @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @aol.com, @live.com, @outlook.com and so on will cause the activation process to fail.
- Required Permissions - The account used for the initial activation must be granted the Global Admin role in Office 365. Accounts that are lacking the Global Admin role will cause the activation process to fail.
- Screen Sharing - As part of the activation process, we'll be asking you to screen share so we can walk you through the process. If you are an Office 365 customer who does not happen to have Teams available, please let us know so we can decide on an alternative, such as Zoom.
- We'll be asking you to provide us the UPN of the account you plan to use for enrollment.
- Once we have that, we will generate a unique enrollment link that we will share with you through email.
Complete the Activation Process
- We recommend to open a new Incognito/Guest browser session in Chrome.
- Paste the enrollment link into the Incognito browser session's address window and hit Enter.
- You'll then be presented with the standard Microsoft cloud login dialog. Login using Office 365 Global Admin credentials.
Note: O365 Admin username and password are never saved into CoreView systems. For more information: see the KB article CoreView's Use of Administrative Credentials
- Once you log in, You'll be also asked to select the data center*.
* Because CoreView serves customers globally, you'll find that you can select from a number of various data centers. Please take care with your selection because this cannot be reversed once your activation is complete.
If you are a federal, state or local government entity, CoreView will send you a specific link which allows to select GCC data center , so please do not proceed with the trial registration in case GCC data center is not available among the options.
- Once you accept Terms and Conditions, you’ll be redirected to the registration wizard that includes following signup steps:
1. Registration Consent
This set permissions is required to create read-only service accounts. These accounts are used to connect to your tenant and collect reporting data. You can decide to remove this grant after your onboard process is completed.
You'll be asked to pick the account and grant the required consent.
2. Integration API consent
This set of permissions is required to use Graph API and Office 365 Management API for collecting reporting data for your tenant.
You'll be asked to grant the required permissions.
3. Data Import
We're configuring your Office 365 data right now. The initial data load may take several hours depending on the size of your tenant, so please stand by. You will receive a notification when everything is ready!
You can close now the session as the import process can take some hours. Once you receive an email regarding the import completed, you can log into CoreView portal as you have successfully activated your CoreView Tenant. Job well done! There are more steps to follow and we'll be here to assist you.