A CoreView tenant Administrator (TenantAdmin) is analogous to a someone who possesses the Global Admin role in Office 365. Commonly accepted security practices typically call for an organization to limit the number of individuals who have broad administrative permissions.
If this is first time you'll be creating Operator accounts after an initial enrollment, you must log into CoreView using the same credential that were used for enrollment. This is simply because no other Operator accounts yet exist. Once you have created the appropriate TenantAdmin accounts, you can remove the original enrollment account, if needed, and log in with your normal account.
For the purposes of this Knowledge Resource, we will assume that the individual performing this action has successfully logged into CoreView.
II. Managing Operators
To create a new Operator account in CoreView, you need to navigate to the Management Menu and then select Manage Operators. The landing page will be a list of all current Operators. From here you can click on an Operator's name to view their Operator Profile, you can quickly see what Roles have been assigned and you can see when they last logged into CoreView. Additionally, by clicking on the Manage button located above the table on the right side, you can export the Operator list to Excel.
II. Overview of Operator Roles
When you are creating a new Operator account in CoreView, you'll be presented with set of Roles that you can assign to the Operator (or not). These Roles apply to any Operator and are relevant based on the business activities planned for that customer. A brief definition for each role is provided below.
Please note that when you grant someone TenantAdmin rights, they automatically also have rights to the remaining Roles, below.
- TenantAdmin – This role is designed for individuals who will administrator your CoreView tenant. Operators in this Role can manage groups, permissions, license pools and other Operators. They have access to manage global tenant settings. Moreover, they can see all the License Pools available and all the tenant data. It is impossible to limit the data view or management actions that can executed by a TenantAdmin.
- Management – You can activate or deactivate operator’s management role using the ‘Management’ checkbox available through this function.
- Global Stats – This role allows the operator to view aggregation reports and data used in reports that cannot be filtered.
- Global License – The operators with this role can manage all the license pools and view all license pool reports.
- Audit - the operators with this role can see the audit reports (Audit activities, Message Trace) and manage alerts in the portal.
- CoreLearningAdmin - This role allows the operator to see the CoreLearning tmodule on CoreView portal.
- SupportChat - This role allows operators to contact CoreView support team through the chat.
III Creating a TenantAdmin Account
To create an TenantAdmin Operator account, or any Operator account for that matter, you click on the Manage button located above the table on the right side and then select +Add new Operator. You should then be presented with a fill-in-the-blank Operator Profile, as depicted below. For the purposes of this exercise, you simply need to complete this first page, tick all five Roles and then save the record. Please note that when supplying the User Principal Name, CoreView will search for and retrieve the names of any users in your tenant that match what you have typed in.
The other tabs you see provide a deeper level of control over what an Operator can do, we'll save that for later. Repeat this step for as many TenantAdmins as you need to create.