This article will cover how collects information from your Microsoft 365 tenant.
imports data from your Microsoft 365 tenant using two different methods; Full and Partial Imports, each with its own unique timetable. Here is a brief description of each import method:
Full Import - A customer's tenant will receive a full import roughly every twenty-four hours. The actual execution of this import is performed after normal working hours, but the final timing of this is subject to Microsoft's data management practices. Therefore, we can't guarantee a specific time when the import runs or the import's time to completion. In addition, there isn't a way for a customer to force a full import.
Partial Import - The import is performed every minute and provides you with a near real-time update of key account information as well as any groups within your portal.
Note: Please refer to the attached exhibit for a list of Azure AD (and some Exchange) attributes that are currently included in the Partial Import, as well as any noteworthy limitations.
This article will detail what is included in Partial Imports, which are imported in near real-time. Anything else is imported once per day, including Usage Statistics.
You can confirm when the last import occurred by navigating to Settings > My Organization > Portal Information. On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a textbox that contains the timestamp for your most recent import. See the example below:
The following Microsoft 365 Azure AD account object attributes are those whose values are updated for online users1 when a Partial Import2 is performed. A Partial Import is completed roughly every minute3 and provides you with a near real-time update of key account information.
Note: A Partial import will only be performed if data associated with any of the following attributes changed since the last successful Partial Import.
For more information and details please check Microsoft documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/user?view=graph-rest-1.0
Newly acquired licenses are updated during Partial Import so that if a new license is added, it will become available in near real time
For more information and details please check Microsoft documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/subscribedsku?view=graph-rest-1.0
Groups and member changes are retrieved in near real-time during Partial Import.
For more information and details please check Microsoft documentation here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/group?view=graph-rest-1.0
- The changes for Microsoft 365 Azure AD account object attributes for online users are visible in the users and exchange reports as well as under the User card, but not in the reports not related to online users such as licenses reports, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, etc.
- A partial import is not available if a tenant has not been granted access to Microsoft .
- The time it takes for a Partial (or Full) Import may be subject to any data throttling Microsoft may have in place at that time.
- ¿ This icon identifies this attribute, which is available for use as a License Pool Filter Criteria , which is recalculated every 30 minutes.
- (E) This identifies attributes retrieved from Exchange .
- In case only the owner is modified, then this change won't be captured by the partial import but imported with the full import. In addition to the owners, any other properties can be changed (add a member and remove it). This way the partial import will import the change.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article